Master, Adv. TC (TCA) Summer Term:
»Second Quantization, Feynman Diagrams and Coupled Cluster«
- Lecturer: Michael Hanrath
- Assistant: Nils Herrmann
- many-body wavefunctions
- information carried by determinant
2nd quantization I: basic principles, idea
- minimal representation: occupation number vectors
- creators and annihilators: anti-commutation relations
- function spanning and physical operators
- size consistency: CI vs. coupled cluster (CC) ansatz
- operator ranks
2nd quantization II: calculus
- normal order
- Wick’s theorem (I) and (II)
- particle/hole formalism
- CC equations
Feynman, Goldstone, Hugenholz diagrams
- motivation, information, redundance, irrelevance
- translation Algebra ↔ Diagram
- elimination of remaining redundant information
- Hamilton and cluster operators in diagrammatic form
- contractions and CC equations in diagrammatic form
Please note that the lecture contents of TCA in winter and summer terms differ. The winter term’s subjects are more fundamental and basic.
If you are free (of scheduling issues) to choose I recommend attending the winter term’s lecture. However, the summer term’s lecture is self contained and may be attended independently. Both lectures are (offline) mostly black board type lectures. In the winter semester there is also a number of computer animated illustrations.
In any case you should have a theoretical interest and no reservations about math...
Many students before attended one term as TCA and the other as S-module.